If you’re looking for a quiet area in Benidorm to stay or visit, it’s important to bear in mind that Benidorm is known for its lively and touristy atmosphere, so tranquillity can be relative compared to other destinations. However, within the city, there are some areas that tend to be quieter than others. Also, don’t forget that at Hotel Don Pancho we offer an oasis of peace in the heart of the city centre. In this post, we are going to explore these metropolitan areas and, on the other hand, 5 quiet beaches near Benidorm that are ideal to disconnect.
Quiet areas of Benidorm
These are some of our favourite spots in Benidorm:
- Rincón de Loix: This area is located to the east of the town, close to Levante Beach. Although it is still part of Benidorm town and can be quite lively, the part further away from the beach, towards the Rincón de Loix, tends to be a little quieter.
- Poniente Beach: While Poniente Beach is one of Benidorm’s main beaches, it tends to be a little quieter than Levante Beach which is the town’s main beach.
- Finestrat Cove: This small cove is located on the outskirts of Benidorm, towards the south. It is a quieter place compared to the main beaches of the city. You can get here by car or by public transport.
- Old Town: Benidorm’s old town, is a picturesque area with narrow streets and traditional charm. Although it can be lively in high season, it tends to be quieter than the high-rise area by the beach. Here you will find shops, restaurants and bars with a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Sierra Helada area: North of Benidorm, the Sierra Helada area offers a quieter and more natural environment. You can explore trails and enjoy panoramic views of the coast.
Remember that the tranquillity in Benidorm can vary depending on the season and time of day. If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere, avoid the busier areas during the peak tourist season and consider visiting Benidorm outside the peak summer months.
Quiet beaches near Benidorm
Sand, sea waves, natural sounds… If all this is what you’re looking for during your stay in the city, you can’t miss these 5 quiet beaches near Benidorm:
- La Cala beach: This beach is located to the east of Benidorm and is known for being quieter than the main beaches of the town. It is a beach of fine sand and generally calm waters, ideal for families and those looking for a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Poniente Beach: Although Playa de Poniente is one of Benidorm’s main beaches, it tends to be a little quieter than Playa de Levante, which is the town’s most famous beach. If you move a little further away from the centre of Benidorm, you’ll find areas of the Poniente beach that are quieter.
- Almadrava cove: This small cove is located about 4 km north of Benidorm and is known for its quiet and natural environment. It is a popular place for snorkelling due to its crystal clear waters.
- L’Albir Beach: Although not directly in Benidorm, Playa de L’Albir is only about 8 km north of the city. It is a quiet beach with a pleasant promenade and beautiful views of the Sierra Helada.
- Tio Ximo Cove: This small cove is located to the north of Levante Beach and is less crowded than the main beaches of Benidorm. It is a lovely place for swimming and sunbathing.
Please note that the tranquillity of these beaches can vary depending on the season and time of day. If you are looking for a quieter atmosphere, it is advisable to visit them during weekdays or early in the morning. In addition, the Costa Blanca has many other beautiful and quiet beaches in the surrounding area. So you can also explore other places close to Benidorm if you are looking for even more peace and quiet.