In summer, many people don’t feel like exercising at all. It’s logical, the heat doesn’t make you want to work up a sweat or exert yourself. However, sport is good all year round and that’s why we have to look for alternatives. One of the best is undoubtedly aquagym or, in other words, gymnastics in the water. In addition, it has benefits that can only be achieved in this element. In the following lines we invite you to discover this activity.
What aguagym exercises can you do?
The first thing to be clear about is that aquagym is done in a pool that is no more than 130 centimetres deep or in the area it does not cover. The water should be warm, at around 28 degrees, to allow the exercise to be enjoyable at all levels.
It is important to realise that in water the body weighs less and therefore it is possible to do exercises that would have a much greater impact out of the water.
There are, however, three types of exercise, taking into account precisely the impact they have on your body:
- No impact. These are movements that are performed floating, without resting on the pool at any time. They are ideal for relaxing the body, balancing the breathing and doing short stretches.
- Low impact. In this case, you do the exercises with both feet flat on the floor of the pool and without jumping. They encourage coordinated movements and different stretches can be performed.
- High impact. These are the ones that are carried out by jumping or moving out of the water. These are exercises designed for those with more experience, they are the most demanding and also the ones that burn the most calories.
We recommend that you start aquagym slowly to avoid getting too tired or even injured, but over time you will be able to incorporate new routines. The classes are usually like this:
- Stretching. Always start by warming up. Stretching exercises out of the water are best.
- First exercises in the water. Afterwards, you enter the water and do the first exercises. They will be simple, non-impact or low-impact exercises.
- Aerobic exercises. These are the exercises that require the most effort. They are usually started at a gentle pace and gradually increase in intensity. Those who already have experience can go further and perform high-impact exercises, the rest of the class will have to adapt them to their level to avoid injury.
- Concluding exercises. The class ends with a few quiet, non-impact or low-impact exercises. The aim is to finish relaxed.
What are the benefits of aquagym?
Do you want to feel motivated to do aquagym? Then, pay attention to the main benefits you will get, these are the ones you will get:
- Define your figure. This is the perfect exercise for toning your figure, as you have to overcome greater resistance as you move through the water. You will notice that little by little you will have a more defined body.
- Tone your skin. It will also make your skin more toned and smoother. You will say goodbye to the dreaded flaccidity and it will help you fight cellulite.
- Say goodbye to back pain. Almost everyone’s back hurts at times, but many people suffer from back pain on a daily basis. Doing aquagym regularly will strengthen this area of your body and allow you to say goodbye to this problem.
- Taking care of your heart. The rhythm of the exercises you do in the water helps to take care of your heart and in general to keep your cardiovascular system in better shape. Not forgetting that its draining effect activates blood circulation. In this way, you will also be fighting cellulite.
- Reduce the time spent exercising. According to some experts, 30 minutes of aquagym is the same as spending three times as much time doing gymnastics out of the water. As we have already mentioned, the resistance you have to overcome is higher, so you will burn around 500 calories in that time.
- End stress. You know the worst thing you can do after a stressful day at work? Go home thinking you’re going to rest. On the contrary, you’ll start to take on other tasks. Doing aquagym will allow you to go home as good as new. You’ll leave all the nerves of the day in the water and you’ll be more relaxed for the rest of the day.
- Sleep better. Continuing along the lines of the previous point, this type of exercise will help you rest better and be more prepared to face the next day.
- Having a good time. Yes, having a good time is one of the great benefits of aquagym, if not the best. It’s a fun sport, it allows you to socialise and although it relaxes you, it also gives you energy.
At Hotel Don Pancho we are waiting for you to spend some unforgettable days, you can enjoy many activities and also do aquagym with our animation team. This way you can really get to know all its advantages.