Think of an image that relaxes you, now think of three or four others. It is quite possible that the sea is one of them. The peace you feel when you contemplate this place is incredible and it is one of the sensations you enjoy the most when you go to the beach. However, it is important for you to know that this landscape can bring you much more. We invite you to discover the main benefits of sea swimming.
What are the benefits of swimming in the sea?
It is clear that the beach is synonymous with fun, but also with health. That is why many people make the effort every year to travel to a seaside resort to enjoy the benefits of swimming in the sea.
They are aware that the concentration of minerals in seawater is good for your body in many ways, not only improving your health but also preventing some diseases. Not forgetting that on an emotional level it also has many benefits.
I’m sure you are already looking forward to all these advantages, these are the most outstanding ones:
- Strengthens bones. As we have already mentioned, seawater contains various minerals, including calcium and phosphorus, which help to strengthen bones. In addition, being in the sun stimulates the production of vitamin D, which allows the two minerals mentioned above to be fixed in the bones.
- Improves musculature. Calcium and bone also help to improve the mobility of both muscles and joints. So does the work the body has to do when swimming in the sea.
- Analgesic effect. The sun that you receive while swimming in the sea has an important analgesic effect, which will allow you to fight against muscular, joint and bone pain.
- Chronic diseases. Many people with diseases related to bones or joints have many problems when it comes to physical exercise. However, seawater allows the body to be exercised with little effort, improving the condition of people with these types of ailments.
- Activates the lymphatic system. Swimming in the sea stimulates the body’s lymphatic system, which facilitates better elimination of toxins.
- Improves blood circulation. Seawater is always at a lower temperature than the body. This is beneficial for circulation. Walking on the sand on the beach also contributes to this benefit.
- Heart benefits. Exercise in the sea is gentle, as we have already mentioned, and is therefore very beneficial for the heart. Many patients who are unable to do sport are able to swim in the sea.
- Lungs benefit. Even if you don’t have any respiratory ailment, you will surely notice that when you get to the beach you start to breathe better. The reason is that the air near the sea is rich in oxygen and favours this type of sensation. Another interesting aspect is that when you breathe, the body assimilates the ozone and trace elements present in the sea breeze, which improve your general health.
- Improves skin condition. People with various skin diseases notice how their skin improves when they swim in the sea. The reason is that the minerals present in the water are absorbed by the skin and have different effects. In addition, there are some microorganisms that have an important antibacterial effect, improving ailments such as acne and favouring the healing of any wounds on the skin. Even if there are recent scars, seawater will improve them.
- Natural exfoliator. You may use different cosmetic products every week to exfoliate your skin. If you frequently go to the beach, you will avoid this step in your beauty routine. Moreover, you will do it naturally, as both the sea water and the sand on the beach remove dead skin cells and also stimulate tissue regeneration.
- A feeling of well-being. Being in the sea helps you feel better, allows you to leave behind the problems of everyday life and concentrate on the landscape you are contemplating. In addition, swimming in the sea helps to improve this feeling.
- Happiness hormones. Following on from the previous point, the sea also brings happiness. It does so by stimulating the natural production of the so-called happiness hormones, serotonin and endorphins. You will feel not only happy, but also calm. Remember that being in the sun also stimulates feelings like the ones we are talking about.
Do you want to get all these benefits of swimming in the sea? Then be sure to visit Benidorm on your next days off. At Hotel Don Pancho we are already waiting for you.