For some people, doing sports is a real sacrifice, while for others it is one of the best things in their lives. For the latter group there can be vacations of everything but physical exercise. If this is your case, you love cycling and you are going to spend your next vacation on the Costa Blanca, we invite you to discover how to enjoy cycling in Alicante.
Surely, if you are going to spend a few days in this area, you will love to enjoy cycling in Alicante. In addition, it is an ideal environment for the practice of this sport due to its weather conditions.
How can you enjoy cycling in our province?
Surely you will discover some bike routes in Alicante that you will not forget. Unique landscapes, near the sea or the mountains and options for all levels, will allow you to enjoy your favorite sport also on vacation. Therefore, we invite you to take note of all these routes:
- Route the Camí de la Colina del Montgó. It is a simple route, round trip, just over 12 km and with little slope. You will love to enjoy the views it offers and a unique environment, which has been declared a Natural Park for decades.
- Route La Vía Verde del Serpis. It is round trip and you will have to overcome about 200 meters of elevation gain. It is a little more complicated than the previous route, but it is still accessible to almost everyone. It is a route of great beauty, which runs along the banks of the Serpis River and is surrounded by mountains. Note that it has some tunnels, which are not illuminated.
- Cases de Bèrnia Route. It starts from Xalo, lasts 36 kilometers and has an elevation gain of 700 meters. In this case, it is a route for experts, with a relatively high difficulty. The asphalt is quite irregular, which complicates the walk, but in exchange you can enjoy a landscape full of charm and contemplate Calpe and its famous Peñón de Ifach.
- El Fondo Natural Park Route. After a somewhat complicated route, let’s go to a fairly simple one, with little unevenness and with a round trip of 16 km. El Fondo is a Natural Park located between Elche and Crevillente, which has some easy trails.
- Route the Greenway Agost-Maigmó. It is a complicated route, since it has about 44 km round trip and about 400 meters of elevation gain. Another difficulty is that you will face several tunnels, unlit and in some cases quite long. In addition, you will cross two large viaducts for the railroad that were never used.
- Route the Marjal de Pego-Oliva. We finish the route with another easy option. It is a circular route of 16 km and without slopes. It is also located in a Natural Park and is a good option even to go with children.
How can you enjoy even more of these cycling routes in Alicante?
It is clear that Alicante is a unique place to enjoy your favorite sport. However, although it is possible that you have clear this question, you may also have some doubts about the logistics you will need to do some of these routes. Don’t worry, in the following section you will find all the help you need.
If you stay at Hotel Don Pancho, enjoying all these routes will be even better. We offer you our Bike Center service, where you will find all these advantages:
- Exclusive parking for your bike.
- The tools and spare parts you need.
- Bike workshop.
- Inflating pump.
- Cleaning area.
- Cycling Friendly welcome pack.
- Fitness area to keep you in shape.
Routes from our Hotel
AAIn addition, we offer you these routes from our own Hotel so that you can get to know some of the areas around Benidorm:
- Hotel Don Pancho – El Campello
- Hotel Don Pancho – Tudons
- Hotel Don Pancho – Bernia – Rates
- Hotel Don Pancho – Serra Gelada – Serra d’Oltà
- Hotel Don Pancho – Sierra de Bernia
- Hotel Don Pancho – La Carrasqueta
- Hotel Don Pancho – Puig Campana
In addition, if you are part of a cycling team, you can enjoy all these services and much more in our Hotel with all your teammates. It will be unforgettable days in every way.
You may have loved everything you’ve seen so far and want to enjoy some experiences on your next vacation, but you may be wondering where to take your bike. If you go by car, you may not have space and if you travel by public transport, things will be even more complicated. Don’t worry, because at our Hotel and thanks to the Cycling Friendly team you can rent your own bike to enjoy your favorite pastime.
It is clear that enjoying cycling in Alicante is better if you stay at Hotel Don Pancho, so be sure to make your reservation for your next vacation.