Those holidays you’ve been waiting for are finally here. It’s time to start living a few days that will be great. Having the sea nearby is always the best plan. You can have a drink at a beach bar, but there are also many options to take to the beach that won’t cost the same amount of money. In the following lines you will discover a few ideas to enjoy yourself to the maximum and forget about looking for a place to eat.
What food to take to the beach will help you have a great day out?
Beach food ideas are not only for when you are on holiday, but also if you are lucky enough to live in a seaside location. They will help you to plan your day better and to always have something to eat, snack on and of course drink.
Before you figure out what to take to the beach for lunch, don’t forget to pack a cooler to keep everything cool and fresh. Now, take note of our suggestions:
- Drink. Let’s start with drinks, as they are a must at lunchtime and throughout the day. Take water, soft drinks and a beer, whatever you feel like. But as long as it’s all very cool.
- Russian salad. Russian salad is almost synonymous with summer. It is one of the most complete dishes and is usually enjoyed by both children and adults. Moreover, although there is a more or less established recipe, in every home it is prepared with some special ingredient. It is very versatile and will allow you to eat at lunchtime and with the leftovers, you can make sandwiches for afternoon snack or dinner.
- Salad. Salad is another classic dish for a day out. It’s best if it’s pasta, as lettuce can get a bit wilted in the heat. In any case, use your favourite ingredients, keep it cold at all times and keep the dressing on the side. Also, if one day you’re a little late to cook, buy one in the supermarket that is already prepared, they are also quite tasty.
- Sandwiches. Sometimes you don’t need to go to the trouble. A few tasty snacks are enough to get you through a few hours at the beach. If it’s going to be a while from the time you arrive until you start eating, it’s best to take the bread and the filling separately, to avoid it getting mushy. It is also a good idea to wrap it in aluminium foil so that it is better insulated.
- Potato omelette (Spanish omelette): Who hasn’t made a potato omelette for the beach, the swimming pool or the countryside? The truth is that it is another of those perfect dishes to take to the beach. It is delicious both hot and cold and can be eaten on its own, in a sandwich or with a salad. It’s such a good option that you only have to decide whether it will be with or without onion.
- Breaded steaks. Perhaps the youngest members of the household don’t know the great times their parents have had with a breaded steak sandwich. This is another of those options that sound like summer and a day out of the house. They are prepared early in the morning and then you can enjoy them throughout the day. Both this option and the previous one are best not to take them near cold food. Instead, opt for a casserole dish that keeps the food a little warm.
- Fresh fruit. A fresh watermelon or melon is the best dessert not only for going to the beach, but also for enjoying the summer. If you bring these fruits cut from home, they will take up less space.
- Something to nibble on. Bringing some chips, olives and a few tins of mussels will allow you to prepare a delicious snack before eating, but it can also be an option for snacking on the beach if you’re only going to be there for a little while.
What to take to the beach besides food?
In addition to food, drink and a cool box, if you are going to spend the whole day at the beach or just a few hours, don’t forget to bring along:
- Sun cream so you don’t get sunburnt at any time.
- An umbrella to protect you from the sun when you’re not swimming.
- A chair to be more comfortable at mealtimes.
- A basket with everything you’ll need on the beach, as well as sunscreen, a change of clothes and swimming costume, something to read, a hairbrush, towels…
- A beach game, such as paddles or a ball.
- Cards to enjoy playing a few games.
Without a doubt, the ideas of food to take to the beach will help you to plan your day better. But if you want to enjoy your holidays even more, at Hotel Don Pancho we are waiting for you to design an unforgettable holiday with you. So, be sure to stay with us.