When you think of honeymoon destinations, do you imagine yourself in paradisiacal places many hours away by plane? It is possible, however, there are options that are much closer and are also considerably cheaper. The best of all is that you will have a great time and experience unforgettable days. Think that the time you are going to spend together is the most important thing and the fewer complications the better. That’s why we’re going to suggest a series of options in the Region of Valencia.
Honeymoon on the beach
Among honeymoon destinations, going to a beach area is always the best, as we have already said. What’s more, we are going to suggest that at most you will have to travel a few hours by car or plane. These are the best options in the Region of Valencia:
- Altea. It is one of the most beautiful towns in the province of Alicante. You will love its Old Town and its seafaring air in every corner. Its white houses and bohemian air are well known. You will enjoy wandering through its narrow streets and climbing up to the church of “Nuestra Señora del Consuelo”. You can also spend a day exploring its craft shops. Don’t forget to try its delicious gastronomy. You can also go to the “Mirador de los Cronistas”, where you can see both the Bay of Altea and the Sierra Helada. As for beaches, you have several, we recommend Albir or Mascarat.
- Jávea. You will find this pretty village in the Marina Alta region. It is a perfect place to spend the day. You can enjoy its white sandy beaches, such as Granadella, but also go hiking. Go to La Punta del Castell and you will be able to contemplate some breathtaking views. You can also do some water sports. As in any other town in Alicante, you can’t miss its delicious food and its old town.
- Cullera. We leave the province of Alicante and enter Valencia. This town has the advantage of not only having a beach, but also of being next to the Júcar river. It has different beaches, each with its own special charm. In addition, there are urban beaches if you want to be close to all the services, but also more distant ones. In the first case we recommend the Racó beach and in the second case the Escollera beach, but there are many more. A plan that you will love is to take a boat trip on the Júcar and also to explore the historic centre of the town. Don’t miss the Town Hall or the Municipal Market.
- Santa Pola. We return to Alicante to visit this coastal town. It is much more than just sea and beach, as it has many vestiges of the different civilisations that have passed through the area. You can’t miss the Torres del Vigía (Watchtowers), or some of its routes. We recommend that you get to know some of its five beaches and its viewpoints. For example, those of Gran Alacant, from where you can see both the Arenales del Sol Dunes and the Bay of Alicante. Another must-see is the viewpoint near the Torre del Tamarit.
- Peñíscola. We can’t leave out this town in Castellón, which television series have made more fashionable than ever before. It was already known for having the Castillo del Papa Luna (Pope Luna’s Castle) located on a rock, which is hit by the waves of the sea. If you go through the centre, you will discover a more modern city, but one that has not lost all the charm of the Mediterranean villages. Its beaches and coves are spectacular. You can also get lost in the countryside and enjoy some routes. We recommend the “Peñíscola de Cine” (Peñíscola in Film) route, which takes you to the different scenes which, as we have mentioned, have appeared in famous television series.
- Benidorm. Did you think we were going to forget about the place that is synonymous with sea, beach, leisure and fun? It would be unthinkable Benidorm is one of the best destinations for your honeymoon and for any other trip. You will enjoy its beaches, the warmth of its people and the atmosphere all year round. Not forgetting that it is a modern city, but at the same time it preserves the seafaring tradition in its old town. It can also be the starting point for the rest of your honeymoon.
In fact, from Hotel Don Pancho we recommend you to choose us for your honeymoon. We will prepare for you an unforgettable experience. We will have a series of details that will make those days the most romantic of your life. Moreover, you will be right in the centre of a city that offers you all the services and also next to the beach.
Of course, from our Hotel you can discover the rest of the honeymoon destinations that you now know, because they are really not too far away.