It’s almost time for you to go away for a few days. I’m sure you’re very excited. You can’t stop thinking about all the plans you’re going to make at your next destination, but there’s something that’s starting to make you a bit lazy. We’re talking about packing your suitcase. It is true that there are people who enjoy this moment and know how to prepare the perfect luggage. If this is not your case, from Hotel Don Pancho, we show you how to prepare a travel list.
How to prepare a travel packing list?
Knowing how to prepare a travel checklist will prevent you from starting to put things away without thinking too much. When you do this, you often find that you have too many things and not enough important ones. It’s true that some of the details of your suitcase will depend on your destination, the means of transport and the activities you’re planning to do. However, these tips will be useful in any case.
- Temperature. Analyse your destination, as it is not the same to prepare a travel list for a trip to the beach as it is to a cold area. In any case, we recommend that you look at the temperature of the place you are going to and then prepare your suitcase based on that.
- Clothes. A good trick that usually works very well is to prepare in advance the outfits you are going to wear on those days. Think about the activities you are going to do each day and prepare one or two combinations for the day. If your trip lasts more than a week, try to find a laundromat so you don’t have to carry so much.
- Footwear and accessories. Try to minimise the amount of footwear and accessories you pack. In this case, it is important that you take pieces that match several of the outfits you have prepared.
- Hand luggage. If you are travelling to a destination by plane with hand luggage only, the trick is to take the bulkiest items with you. You’ll also need to calculate what you’ll need and fold all your clothes very well. Find out if your hotel can provide you with an iron or towel to take to the beach and pool. Even if you have a suitcase, try to pack what you need for a couple of days in your hand luggage in case your suitcase gets lost.
- Mobile devices. It seems difficult to forget your mobile phone at home, but it has happened to more than one person. What is more common is to leave your charger, tablet or even your camera. If you need to bring a laptop, make sure it’s well protected. Find out if you’ll need an adaptor at your destination and try to bring it from home. You won’t waste time looking for where to buy one. Another tip is to try to carry all these devices in your hand luggage.
- Toiletries. In this case, it is also a good idea to check with your chosen accommodation to find out what toiletries are provided. If it is a hotel, you will usually have a hairdryer, all kinds of soaps and even a toothbrush in your room. In these cases, you will have to pack products such as make-up, shaving foam, razors, etc. in your suitcase.
- First aid kit. If you are taking any medication, we recommend that you not only take it with you, as is obvious, but also keep the prescriptions in case you lose them or need more. Also include plasters, hydrogen peroxide, sunscreen, stinging products and anything else you think you’ll need during those days. Once again, we recommend that you think about your destination.
- Documentation. You should always carry all the documentation you need for your trip. If it is within Spain, your ID card and Social Security card will suffice. However, if it is outside Spain, you will need a passport, visa, health card…
- Money. It sounds silly, but it’s not. You must remember to take money and your credit cards with you.
- Entertainment. If the journey is a long one, don’t forget to take something to entertain you on the way. For example, a book. Also games for your children and something to snack on. In this case, the items you choose will depend on the means of transport you are using.
What 10 things should you include on your beach trip list?
As the Hotel Don Pancho is an ideal destination to discover the best beaches of the Costa Blanca, we have prepared a list of essential items that you should not miss, some of them we have already mentioned, but we repeat them so that you can keep this list apart:
- Swimwear and bikinis.
- Sunburn cream.
- Mosquito protection.
- Beach towel, although we can leave it for you at our hotel.
- Bag to go to the beach.
- Games for the beach.
Above all, don’t forget to come prepared to make the most of your experience at Hotel Don Pancho. Now that you know how to prepare a travel list, pack your suitcase and come and spend a few days with us.