If you are preparing a rural getaway in Alicante, you are sure to enjoy some very special days. From Hotel Don Pancho, we want to help you organise your visit. Here are a few tips to make it a success and a long list of places to visit. Don’t miss any of them!
What tips will help you plan a rural getaway in Alicante?
If you are looking to organise a rural getaway in Alicante, there are a number of things to bear in mind. These tips will help you plan your trip and make it a success:
- Location. As you may well know, Alicante is a province located on the east coast of Spain, with a wide range of natural landscapes. You can enjoy everything from mountains to beaches. Think that a rural getaway is not only related to getting to know this type of environment, but can also include many other visits.
- Accommodation. There are many options for rural accommodation in Alicante, from country houses to cottages and rural hotels. Make sure you choose a place that suits your needs and budget. If you want to choose a more cosmopolitan environment and from there do different activities every day, we recommend you to stay in our facilities. At Hotel Don Pancho you will enjoy all the comforts and rest you deserve after spending a day in contact with nature.
- Transport. Alicante has a good public transport service. If you want more flexibility and freedom, we recommend renting a car or coming in your own vehicle.
- Activities. Alicante offers a wide variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, cycling, fishing and horse riding. Decide what you would like to do and organise each day you spend in the area to enjoy all your plans.
- Gastronomy. Alicante’s cuisine is known for its typical dishes, such as arroz a la alicantina and paella, but it offers much more. Take the opportunity to be in the area to discover the rich gastronomic culture of the region. Ideal for a gastronomic getaway for two.
These tips are sure to help you plan your rural getaway in Alicante. Here are some places you can’t miss.
What places are not to be missed on your rural getaway to Alicante?
After the tips you have seen in the previous section, we leave you now with some places you can’t miss on your next rural adventure in Alicante:
- Beaches of Alicante. Alicante has some of the most beautiful beaches in Spain, such as Playa de San Juan and Playa del Postiguet. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy a day at the beach during your getaway.
- Columbretes Islands. These islands, located a few hours by boat from the coast of Alicante, offer a unique experience for all lovers of the wildest nature.
- Natural Park of the Lagunas de La Mata and Torrevieja. This natural spot is an ideal place to enjoy nature and see water birds. Surely you would not expect to find such a place in this area.
- Montesinos. It is a small village famous for its fiestas and its rural atmosphere. It is not as well known as others, but you can’t miss it.
- Petrel. This small village stands out for its cobbled streets and stone houses. It is one of the most charming towns in the area.
- Sierra de Escalona Natural Park. This natural environment offers a breathtaking view of the coast. Don’t forget your camera to capture unique moments and don’t forget to be prepared to go hiking and enjoy nature. It is located between the towns of Orihuela, Pilar de la Horadada and San Miguel de Salinas, in the Vega Baja region. These municipalities are also worth a visit.
What options does Benidorm offer for a rural getaway?
f you decide to stay with us, you should know that Benidorm is not only a well-known tourist destination on the Costa Blanca, but also offers options for a rural getaway. We encourage you to get to know these places:
- Sierra Helada natural park. This natural park offers a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean Sea. It has hiking trails and will allow you to spend an amazing day.
- Sierra de Aitana Natural Park. Another perfect place for hiking, breathing fresh air and contemplating breathtaking views.
- Benidorm beaches. Benidorm is known all over the world for its beaches, such as Playa de Levante and Playa de Poniente, but you can also discover small coves where you can spend a quiet day. For example, Tío Ximo, Mal Pas or Mascarat.
- White Villages. Alicante is famous for its many white villages. Some of them are right next to Benidorm, such as Altea, Finestrat or Villajoyosa. They all have in common narrow streets and white houses with wrought iron balconies.
- Canelobre Caves. The caves of Canelobre are an impressive natural attraction. Don’t miss them.
So many ideas, right? Now you just have to choose some of them and organise your rural getaway in Alicante. At Hotel Don Pancho we are already waiting to help you.