If we ask you if you are feeling well, it is possible that your first answer is yes, then let’s change the question: do you think you can feel better? I’m sure you do, everyone has some habits that can be improved. To help you achieve this, the following lines will show you how to live a healthy lifestyle, not just on a physical level.
How to live a healthy lifestyle?
You may have thought that living a healthy lifestyle can be very complicated. However, it is not and as you will see below it is within your reach. With these simple habits, you can improve your lifestyle.
- Food. Are we what we eat? Many say yes and we cannot deny that food is reflected on the outside of each person. That’s why, if you want to be healthy, you must have a healthy, varied and balanced diet. Fruit and vegetables must be the main protagonists. Not forgetting fish, cereals, dairy products and vegetables. Opt for white meat much more than red meat and don’t forget to use extra virgin olive oil. As far as possible, leave aside ultra-processed and pre-cooked foods, also those rich in fat or sugar, and soft drinks.
- Water. For many people drinking two litres of water every day is a challenge. If you do, make an effort to do so. Try to always carry a bottle with you and “force yourself” to drink. One trick that works very well is to drink a glass when you get up, another in the middle of the morning and also before lunch and dinner. Only with these habits will you manage to drink more than a litre, the rest try to drink it between meals. You can also exchange some of the water for healthy infusions.
- Rest. I’m sure that many days you are hours away from fulfilling all your responsibilities, what do you do when that happens? Many people sacrifice their hours of rest to be able to reach everything. Doing so is a serious mistake, as little sleep leads to poor performance. We recommend between 7 and 8 hours of sleep each day and never less than 6 hours. Always make rest a priority if you want to be healthy.
- Physical exercise. Although sport is becoming more and more fashionable, many people think it is not for them. The reasons are many, but mainly related to lack of time. Don’t get complicated and look for activities that you can combine with your daily life. For example, if you are going to work in public transport, try to get off one stop earlier both on the way to and from work so that you can walk for at least half an hour every day. Other options include walking up and down stairs or dancing around your house for a while every day.
- Adequate weight. Being overweight takes years off your life and also your well-being. That’s why, if you have a few extra kilos, losing them should be a priority objective. It’s not easy, but you can do it, especially if you have professional help.
- Blood pressure. Do you think you are too young to control your blood pressure? Well, nobody is and at least once a year you should do it. If it’s high, above 140/90 mmHg, go to the doctor and if it’s not, keep watching it so that it doesn’t go up. Putting into practice many of the tips you’ve seen so far will help you achieve this.
- Cholesterol. High cholesterol puts your health at risk. If it is, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible and change your life habits. Eating a healthy diet will keep this value naturally controlled in most cases.
- Revisions. In addition to everything we have already mentioned, remember that you must comply with your routine health check-ups. Don’t forget that the best treatment is always prevention.
How can you maintain an emotionally healthy lifestyle?
Although not always given the proper importance, your emotional health is vital and also influences your physical condition, these tips will help you improve it:
- Try to reduce stress.
- Take time to think before you act.
- Find moments to escape.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Learn to express your emotions in a constructive way.
- Maintain balanced relationships.
- Find out how to always value the good side of things.
- Try to enjoy your day to day.
- Try to always have a purpose in your life.
- Find activities that make you happy.
At Hotel Don Pancho we are experts in taking care of you. If you are looking to schedule an activity that will make you really happy, there is nothing better than spending a holiday with us. Our facilities are prepared for you to enjoy small and big moments, in an unbeatable environment as Benidorm is, both in summer and in winter. You only have to choose a date from our reopening in March 2021, we will be waiting for you!