We all know that the current situation will be overcome and we must make the sacrifice of staying at home. The Don Pancho Hotel joins the #stayhome movement to return with new energy as soon as the problems we are all facing disappear. Therefore, today we propose some exercises to relax at home, because our lifestyle must always be healthy and we must keep calm in these exceptional circumstances.
Exercising has many advantages for all of us. Obviously, our health will thank the effort, but, moreover, there are more benefits related to exercising at home. We tell you about them below.
Benefits of exercising at home
Most people associate sport with being outdoors or in the gym, but in our homes we can also move and, as you will see, in the widest ways. It is possible to practice different exercises to relax with different types of rhythm, from cardiovascular or aerobic exercise, which puts the muscles into movement for a prolonged period of time, to more relaxing exercises such as yoga or even breathing exercises.
The benefits of exercising at home are different depending on the type of activity; however, there are some common in all of them that we list below:
- Flexible schedule: working out at home allows you to create your own routines. We all have housework to do, but we can always set aside some time to exercise, when it suits us best.
- More concentration: you choose whether to exercise alone or in company. Sometimes it’s better to do it with more people, but if you want to make the most of your exercise at home, doing it alone is also a good idea.
- Wide range of exercises: There are many videos on the Internet with recommendations for exercising at home, just look for articles on the Internet about which ones are recommended to meet your goal and then go in search of the video that suits you best.
- Greater comfort: exercising in the living room or in the bedroom, with or without a mirror, quickly or slowly. You decide everything.
- Better hygiene: although it is something that depends on each person and on each gym, and although gyms usually maintain a high level of cleanliness, it is always more reliable to exercise in a known environment.
- Saving money: the benefit is self-explanatory. Instead of paying a fee, you work out at home and set yourself a routine without paying anyone. Although it’s a forced situation, for sure your pocket will appreciate it in the end.
5 relaxation exercises to do at home
In these moments of confinement, it is very easy for a certain feeling of stress or oppression to arise, as you feel enclosed within the four walls of our home. First of all, keep calm, this will end soon. You can also de-stress with some relaxation exercises to help your anxiety along with some more active exercise; this will benefit your mood and help you to cope better with the situation.
As we have mentioned before, there are different rhythms to practice exercise at home, however, today we are going to focus on exercises that help to relax, some of them do not even require a big physical effort:
- Mindfulness: we may understand it as meditation exercises; however, its objective is to learn to focus full attention on what surrounds us and the present.
- Abdominal breathing: although it may seem silly, breathing properly requires training. It consists of breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth as slowly as possible while concentrating on how the air flows. It requires a quiet place to practice it, so your home may be the perfect place.
- Yoga: it allows you to focus your attention on the space your body occupies, something that makes our mind concentrate on the here and now. In addition, it helps to maintain our body’s flexibility and also, it strengthens our muscles. We recommend you practice it between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day. There are several YouTube channels which explain how to start practicing it.
- Intensive activity: there are people for whom lighter physical activity do not help to release tension, so for them it is possible to consider an intensive exercise routine. These consist of short active series that work different muscles in an active way and that require a greater physical effort that gives that sensation of later relaxation. On the internet you will surely find some cross fit routines that can help you.
- Daily stretching: a good way to start each day is to do a stretching routine in order to activate your body. With just few minutes, you’ll help relieve stress from your muscles and joints.
As you can see, there are many possibilities and exercises to relax at home. If you are an active person, we recommend some intensive activity, but if you are a calm person, practices such as yoga or mindfulness can help you to relax and to avoid the anxiety caused by the current situation.
The entire team at the Don Pancho Hotel wishes you and your loved ones are well and we hope that everything will end soon so that we can see you again. We will be waiting for you so that you can, once again, enjoy a day of sunshine in Benidorm and the stay and care of our hotel.