Do you know what Mindfulness is? This very fashionable concept, mindfulness is related to relaxation. The aim of this technique is to focus on the importance of the now. In this way, it is based on controlling emotions to avoid negative feelings, such as anxiety or frustration. In particular, the technique helps to channel those problems that we cannot change or manage, helping us to face them.
If you want to know more about mindfulness, don’t stop reading, we tell you all about it here.
How do you practice mindfulness?
Mindfulness is based on ancient Buddhist philosophies. In particular, the practice of this meditation technique is based on three pillars; Introspection, meditation and full attention to daily life. We explain what they consist of.
- Introspection. The first pillar of mindfulness has to do with concentration. The purpose is to travel within to eliminate the ramblings of the mind and focus on the now. What is important in this moment is what is felt in this moment, without the distractions of memories or future expectations.
- Meditation. The aim of meditation is to deepen one’s thoughts so as to see them without intervention, by observing them from a relaxed position.
- Full attention to daily life. Human beings tend to do things mechanically. Many pass by without us even being aware of having experienced them. Full attention tries to focus on the acts that are being lived in the moment, to appreciate the now to the fullest, being aware of our acts.
How can I practice it? Exercises to integrate mindfulness into your life
The aim of mindfulness is to focus the mind on the present. To obtain maximum concentration and be more aware of the now, avoiding the tensions that come from mixing reality with past memories and future fears. To achieve this concentration the following tasks need to be carried out.
- Remember that you are living in the present. You need to stop several times a day and focus on the present, the now. To do this make a routine, choose certain hours and stop for a moment to observe what you are doing and how you are doing it. You can also set an alarm to remind you.
- Stop and look. At any time stop and focus on what you are experiencing. Determine what you’re thinking, how you’re feeling or what your physical condition is. After analysing yourself, continue with what you were doing. It will help you to regulate yourself.
- Accept the present. Not all the events you are experiencing can be controlled, or even improved, but you have to keep going. Whether they are good or bad things, you have to relax and pay maximum attention to what is happening. This way you will know better how to face the moment and if it is better to learn something, intervene or let it go.
- Analyze actions and thoughts. The key to this exercise is to observe thoughts as an observer, understanding one’s own being and understanding actions and motivations. The result is a more realistic picture of oneself. You may be able to understand that you are not what you thought you were.
- Breathing. Breathe when you are tense in order to understand, focus and relax. The idea is to generate an optimistic feeling to which the body responds. The suggested breathing should be deep, slow and rhythmic.
Is mindfulness compatible with other forms of relaxation?
Those who practice mindfulness argue that it helps to combat stress and anxiety. Levels of cortisol, a stress-related hormone, are reduced and a state of calm and mental clarity is generated, leading to well-being.
There are other methods that can also help. For example, it is known that some types of music can help you to improve your mood or to relax. Massage can also be very helpful, especially if given in the right environment and by expert hands.
At the Don Pancho Hotel we focus on the well-being of our clients. For this reason, our rooms are oriented with a view of the sea and are designed and decorated with the comfort of our guests in mind, their wellbeing and the recuperative power of a holiday in mind. There are no children either, so you can use the common spaces and the swimming pool area to rest from the routine and think only of yourself, without distractions.
If you want to relax even more, we have a comfortable massage service. They take place in a suitable space so that you can close your eyes and focus on feeling good. The temperature is optimal, the premises are designed for comfort and we have real health professionals who know how to relax your tensions.
Whether you practice mindfulness or any other technique of meditation and self-control, at Hotel Don Pancho you will find a peaceful and relaxing environment. After a few days with us, you will feel comforted. Use our online reservation centre and make your reservation as soon as possible, we hope that we will be able to open our doors very soon!
Leave a Reply