Spending time with a partner is essential in any relationship. Enjoying each other’s company and different plans makes it dynamic and also makes for greater trust.
The day-to-day and its accelerated rhythms often prevent us from spending as much time together as we would like or from making as many plans as we would like. That’s why in this post we propose 7 simple and different ideas to spend a relaxing day as a couple. Disconnecting with that person will make the day even more special. But first, we want to show you why it is so important to make this kind of plans enjoyable together.
Why is it necessary to spend a relaxing day as a couple from time to time?
There are couples who can lead parallel lives. Many people have great responsibilities and it is true that sometimes it is difficult to find the time. However, it is necessary to find that time in our daily lives for that special person and not only when we are on holiday. In fact, during these periods it is common for problems to arise between couples who do not live together as much as they would like due to the lack of communication and the emotional distance that has been created in the day to day.
Thus, spending time with a partner is key to strengthening the bonds that already exist. It also helps to improve communication and the relationship in general, increases complicity and generally both members feel more supported and understood after spending time together. Who doesn’t like to feel that they have someone who loves them, takes care of them and whom they can trust?
When you spend time together, you achieve an emotional intimacy that strengthens not only the relationship, but also the well-being of the partners. Those moments outside the daily routine help to know each other better and feel closer to each other. As you will see in the following lines, there are many activities to achieve a relaxing day as a couple.
7 ideas to enjoy a relaxing day as a couple
The first thing you should consider when planning a relaxing day as a couple is that it fulfils its objective. That is to say, it must be something that makes you feel more relaxed when you finish and whose preparations are not too complex. The ideas we show you in the following sections will surely help you plan an unforgettable day:
- Weekend getaway. If one day with a partner is good, two are even better. That’s why preparing a romantic weekend can be a great plan to make up for lost time. Look for a destination not too far away and a hotel that offers you all the comforts.
- Excursión. Si salir un fin de semana es complicado, planea una excursión de un día a alguna localidad cercana. Una de las ventajas de nuestro país es que está lleno de destinos repletos de encanto. Seguro que muy cerca de tu casa hay alguna localidad que merece una visita. Sin ir más lejos, ¿has echado un ojo a todos los pueblos con encanto de Alicante? ¡Te van a sorprender!
- Excursion. If going out on a weekend is difficult, plan a day trip to a nearby location. One of the advantages of our country is that it is full of charming destinations. I am sure that very close to your home there is a place that is worth a visit. Without going any further, have you checked out all the charming villages in Alicante? You will be surprised! If you live in another country or area, we are sure you will have plenty of beautiful places to visit. Plus, remember that the company is the key for a great time.
- Romantic picnic. Nothing simpler than finding a park nearby and enjoying an afternoon picnic. There are many options, from a simple and delicious snack to a basket full of appetizing food. The most important thing is to enjoy that moment together.
- Going out for dinner. Going out for dinner or lunch is always a good plan. Book a table at your favourite restaurant and get ready to enjoy a romantic date. Do you want a trick to enjoy a romantic dinner even more? Leave your mobiles aside!
- Spa. Visiting a spa is one of the most relaxing plans for couples. Besides, you can enjoy a place like this very close to your home. There are many offers in the market and some of them include some extras, like a massage or a drink. No doubt, you will be as good as new after this experience.
- Photo session. I’m sure you’ll have lots of photos together, but most will be selfies or casual images or if you travel as a couple, you may have few where you go out together! That’s why it can be a great plan to schedule a photo session with your partner. It can be outdoors or in a studio. Not only will it be a great time, but you’ll also have a lasting memory of that moment.
- Cultural plan. There are many cultural plans that can make your day very pleasant. Like going to the cinema, the theatre or listening to a monologue. Afterwards, you can finish the evening with dinner or a drink. Without a doubt, it will be a perfect date.
It is true that work and family responsibilities leave little time for everyone. But it is necessary to prioritise and find time to be together. All these ideas to enjoy a relaxing day as a couple can be the oasis you need. Of course, and if possible, it should not be an annual appointment, but more frequent. If you do so, it will surely strengthen your relationship.